Saturday, July 25, 2009

Friday Night

I spent last night hanging out with some people from work. The group is cliquey, but I don't always think that's a bad thing. Jesus had a clique. Sure he'd do all that preaching, but at the end of the day he'd say "Peter, James, John, come with me." Like I said, I don't have a problem with cliques in general. People tend to hang out with the people they like and are comfortable with. This just makes sense to me.

Anyway, I have somehow managed to find myself becoming more involved with this group. They extend me invitations to various things and I'm now on some email distribution list they use when they want to communicate with each other. This is just odd to me. I'm not complaining, I just find it interesting. One particular invite was for dinner yesterday evening, which I decided to attend. It was a nice evening and I got to know some of the people from work a little better. They are fun people.

High school seems to get a bad reputation for being cliquey, but this doesn't seem fair since it happens everywhere. Perhaps the difference is that high school students don't often work at being outgoing. Not that I'm much better. I'm very happy with my GuMP clique. Inviting others would just seem like work, because then I would have to get to know them. Suppose I don't really like hanging out with them, then I'd have to find ways of hanging out with my current clique and excluding them. See, I haven't grown up yet. I'm still as sophomoric as ever. My friends who I got to know last night are better people, hands down.

No comments:

Post a Comment