Saturday, January 3, 2009

Computers


My wife just got a new computer. Her father decided to buy really crazy gifts for everyone this year and we got an Asus desktop. Problem was, we live in Maryland and they gave us the computer in Idaho. We returned it in Idaho and got a gift card, with the intention of getting the same computer when we got back to Maryland. But in doing all that we decided to get Alicia a laptop instead; so we got a hp. It is pretty nice and faster than anything she will ever need. She is a little frustrated because she can't get flash media to work, but I'm sure she'll figure it out.

The computer has become hers, even though the original was given to us. She gives me grief if I use it. But I've had a laptop since I started grad school that I always said was ours, but really thought of as mine, so I don't mind so much. Except that the power cord for my laptop decided to die recently. Her power cord will power mine, but it won't charge the battery, which I find odd. I just finished purchasing a new power cord from eBay this morning, which is cool. My computer is a Dell, and Dell wanted $70 for a new power cord which I thought was crazy. Luckily eBay has them for less than $20. Thank God for capitalism. I have to wait 10-14 days, but I don't mind. I'll just use my wife's computer until then.

Other than that our very old desk top has finally died. I'm going to try and rebuild it eventually just to see if I can. It needs a new mother board. Original was a Gateway. Oh yeah, I don't recommend a Gateway. I like the Dell, it crashes every once in a while but I can't tell if that is Windows or Dell. The hp is nice, but we've had it less than a week so I can't say for sure. I was sad to return the Asus because I've heard good things, but maybe in five years I'll give up on my Dell and try one of those.


No comments:

Post a Comment