Sunday, January 4, 2009

New Church

January marks our being in Baltimore for one year. For that time we've been going to a church called "Church of the Crucifixion." We really love the church. The people seem really nice and the priests (yeah Idaho, that was plural) are awesome. Unfortunately we don't know anybody there. We haven't really found a way to fit in there. But despite this we really love the church.

My wife and I talked about going to a new church this year, which we did for the first time today. We went to St. Philip Neri this morning and it was good. It made us sad not to go to our old church, but we feel like there is no hope for community there. So we'll see how this new church goes.

I watched an episode of "King of Queens" yesterday where Doug and Carrie were looking for new friends. They decided a good place to go to meet other couples to hang out with was the paint department at the hardware store. Finding other couples to hang out with has been difficult for us so I found the episode kind of amusing. We have been blessed with an awesome couple that we have become friends with, and we have a lot of fun hanging out with them. But unfortunately for us they are Mormon, and so they don't go to church with us. Not that I have anything against Mormons, cause I don't. I actually love that about them. It would just be nice to have friends at Church too. Maybe I'm being too greedy... although being greedy for good friends has worked for me in the past. God has always been faithful to me in that.

This post depresses me. I just think about things like this too much. I promise I'll blog more about cooler stuff in the future. Once I get all this crap out of my system, that is.

No comments:

Post a Comment