Sunday, January 18, 2009

Farewell

Since we are in a time of transition in America, I thought it fitting to take note of it here. I watched President Bush's farewell address just now and found it very interesting. I'll hold my comments for now because that isn't what I was intending to talk about. I noticed a link on the side of the page to other presidents farewell addresses, so I started watching and found it rather interesting. I thought you might find it illuminating as well. I tried to find the most complete speeches and my apologizes for any cuts in the speech, and any news commentary. I tried to keep it to a minimum. I'm also not promoting any specific news agency, just trying to post it in full.







I was unable to find the rest of President Clinton's speech. If anyone finds it, please let me know.

I was also unable to find any farewell address from President George H. W. Bush.





The only other speech I could find was from President Eisenhower in 1961. Again, if you find any more I would be happy to add them.



No comments:

Post a Comment